Thursday, April 26, 2007

"First" by DB Woodside & Nick Sivakumaran

English:

Yesterday, the movie I worked on in July 2006 was screened at the Newport Beach Film Festival. It's called "First" and was co-directed by DB Woodside and Nick Sivakumaran.

Nick was my cinematography teacher last year and DB Woodside is an actor currently playing President Wayne Palmer in the season 6 of the TV show "24" with Kiefer Sutherland. DB plays the main character (Mooney) in his film and I play the driver of his enemy Ilija, played amazingly by Michael Gabriel Goodfriend. It's a gorgeous short film, perfectly edited by Susan Munro. You'll see the superb Reiko Aylesworth also from "24".

We all spent the afternoon together in Newport Beach. Later, I went to the LAFCPUG meeting in Hollywood. Check out my new IMDB credits here and the website of the movie.

Have a great day.
Marc

***

Français:

Hier, le film sur lequel j'avais travaillé en juillet 2006 a été projeté au Newport Beach Film Festival. Ca s'appelle "First" a été dirigé par DB Woodside et Nick Sivakumaran.

Nick était mon prof de cinématographie l'an dernier et DB Woodside est un actor qui joue en ce moment le président Wayne Palmer dans la saison 6 de "24" avec Kiefer Sutherland. DB joue le charactère principal dans son film et personnellement, je suis le chauffeur de son enemi juré Ilija, joué de manière incroyable par Michael Gabriel Goodfriend. C'est un superbe court métrage magnifiquement monté par Susan Munro. Vous y trouverez également la superbe Reiko Aylesworth, également de "24".

Nous avons passé l'après-midi ensemble à Newport Beach. Plus tard, je suis parti pour Hollywood à la séance LAFCPUG. Allez voir mes nouveaux crédits sur IMDB ici et le site web du film.

Prenez bien soin de vous.
Marc

3 Comments:

At April 26, 2007 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you share anything about Reiko’s performance/role in “First”? I’m sure she was amazing as she always is but I doubt I’ll ever be able to see it in person.

 
At April 27, 2007 11:33 AM, Blogger Marc Plocek said...

It was a huge pleasure to see her and DB perform in front of my eyes. I truly hope for you, that you'll be able to see it once. And in person, she's very nice and of course, beautiful.

 
At April 27, 2007 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to meet Reiko earlier this year and you’re right, she is such a sweetheart and simply beautiful. I’ll be watching to see if it shows up at a film festival close to where I live.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home